Happy Memorial Day! I hope that you have a beautiful day today with friends and family, and that everyone gets the opportunity to relax and take the day off. I'll be studying all day, but it's gorgeous outside so maybe I'll go take my books outside by the pool. Doesn't sound too shabby to me. =)
Amy at Ooh La La Nails nominated me for the Sunshine Award! I truly love Amy's blog - she does a lot of really cool nail art that's completely original. It's always so nice and refreshing to see designs that I've never seen before, and I draw inspiration from her creativity on the regular. Like this amazing watercolor design... I love the colors and the method she used... and the animal print pattern on top just seals the deal! So thank you, Amy, for the nomination for the Sunshine Award. But more importantly, thank you for always sharing your passion with us and for inspiring me in my nail art endeavors. =)
Here are the rules of the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you (that's a given!)
- Post the award logo on your blog
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 or more other blogs that inspire you
7 Facts About Myself
1. I have known I want to be a doctor since I was about 10 years old, and I know I am
lucky for finding my passion at such an early age.
2. I started flying airplanes before I could legally drive a car.
3. I *love* math. In high school I was the president of the Math Honors Society, probably
the nerdiest club position on campus next to like... Bridge Club president? haha. But
I planned some awesome Pi Days (on 3/14) with copious amounts of pie!
4. I love to bake. Pies are my specialty. Especially apple. Mmm...
5. Top 3 favorite movies: Sin City, Shawshank Redemption, Gladiator. And Grandma's Boy
is a close 4th.
6. I've been a vegetarian since I was 12 because I don't like the texture of meat. But I will
eat crispy charred bacon any day.
7. I studied abroad in Paris for 4 months and traveled to Italy, Budapest, Amsterdam, and
many other places with one of my best friends Claire, who actually moved to France
and now lives there! I was somewhat fluent in French when I left Paris, but now? Not
My Sunshine Award Nominations
Jezzica at Little Miss Nail Polish. I love reading Jezzica's posts - they're always so upbeat and positive, which makes me happy. She swatches some seriously gorgeous and unique polishes and takes awesome photos of them, as well as does really neat nail art!
Melissa at Lacquer Reverie. Not only do I love Melissa's swatches, honest reviews, and awesome combos, but I also love that she has her own voice and isn't afraid to speak her mind.
The Bubbly Brunette. I think she was one of my first friends in this crazy nail blogosphere, and we both started our blogs around the same time. Her reviews are short and sweet, which I, as a rambler, appreciate!
Charis at Charismatically Polished. First of all, love the blog name. Second of all, love her beautiful nails and beautiful swatches and art.
Jewelyz and Nails. I found her blog very early on when I started blogging, and it honestly seems like she has endless amounts of creativity. I also really like that although we don't speak the same language, we can still appreciate each other and bond over our obsession with polish.
So that's it for today! I truly appreciate all the blog love and support, and I hope you all know that I support you in your obsession as well! I love this polish blogging community, and I'm so happy to be a part of it.
Thanks again, Amy, for the nomination! You're the best! I hope you all have an amazing day, and thanks for stopping by!