I'm so excited to share with you that the lovely Melissa at Lacquer Reverie nominated me for the Best Blog Award! So thank you, Melissa! I truly enjoy reading your posts and seeing your beautiful pictures every day!
So here are the rules:
1. Answer the questions asked by the blog who followed you
2. Nominate up to 20 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Of course Melissa, being the awesomely outspoken quirky lady that she is, asked some really interesting and thought-provoking questions! Here goes:
Hmm.. I'd say I'm somewhere in between, leaning more toward the "people
person" side. I love seeing friends and being in a social atmosphere, but I
also really appreciate the occasional "Kelsey Day" where I enjoy time on my
own, but I don't consider that being a "loner," just enjoy and appreciate
solitude once in a while.
2. If you were a weather event, what would you be?
This is a really tough one. Haha thanks, Melissa. As boring as this sounds, I
would be a nice warm sunny day with a breeze so everyone could take
advantage of the outdoors.
3. Glitter, creme, metallic, frost, foil, or duochrome?
Can I answer holo for this? I literally can't get enough of holo polishes. But
if I had to stick to the choices given, I'd say creme... there's just something
so nice about a clean simple creme polish in a great great color.
4. What has been your favorite vacation?
I studied abroad in Paris for four months, and during that time I traveled all
over France, Italy, Hungary, the Netherlands (Amsterdam!). I think my favorite
place I've ever traveled to is Budapest. It's such a beautiful place, the
people there are so laid back and down to earth, and they know how to
party! And of course it was all made incredible by the fact that I was with my
BFF Claire <3
5. Do you match your nails to your clothing?
Haha no. But sometimes I will admire how nice a polish looks with the shirt
dress or whatever outfit I just so happen to put on.
6. What do you consider to be your best physical feature?
My nails! I've always had really strong nails, and my nail beds are huge, so
there's so much space for polishing and nail art.
7. Why did you start your blog?
I've always loved nail polish and I've been polishing my nails for years. But I
started to get obsessed a little over a year ago and stalked so many nail
blogs. Then finally after posting a bunch of pictures of my nails on facebook,
I realized a blog would be a great way to share cool polishes I love with
other polish lovers (and to stop spamming all of my non-polish-loving FB
friends with all my nail stuff). Also, having a blog sorta-kinda justifies all the
polish I buy. I'm sure some of you can relate :p
8. What do you consider to be your best attribute?
I would have to say my honesty, my loyalty to and immense amount of love for my
family and friends, and my ability to be logical and pragmatic.
9. When reading other blogs, do you read the content, look at the photos, or both?
Both! I love reading what other bloggers have to say about a polish. There's
so much more to a polish than just what it looks like.
10. What is your happiest memory?
This is such a hard question. I have so many! All involve friends and/or
nature haha, but I can't pick just one.
11. Had you rather be intelligent, funny, beautiful, or wealthy?
Intelligent, hands down. But I definitely wouldn't mind if I was wittier.
Now for my nominees!
The Bubbly Brunette
Brandy's Nailtastic Blog
My Adventures in Nail Art
And here are my questions for you ladies:
1. What is your favorite nail polish of all time?
2. What do your friends/boyfriend/husband/family think about your nail polish
3. Craziest thing you've ever done (that you're willing to share of course.. haha).
4. What is your favorite food or dessert?
5. If you could go back in history and have dinner with one person, who would it be and
6. Cats or dogs?
7. What is your favorite color in general? What is your favorite color when it comes to
8. Favorite polish brand?
9. What is the last movie or book that made you cry?
10. Favorite outdoor activity?
11. What is your favorite place you have ever traveled to and why?
So that's it for today's post! I can't wait to read everyone's answers to my questions. =)
As always, thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day =)